I just finished filling out an interview for a blog called 'the downtown boutique' and was thinking 'Maybe I should share the answers with my blog readers'. There's some interesting stuff you might now know about me :)
1. Where did you get your start in "crafting"?
I've always been involved in designing and making things... When I discovered Etsy I nurtured those ideas and brought more of them to life.
2. What is your favorite medium to use in your crafting?
I love the camera. In college I wanted to go into film. It took my love of photography to a whole new level. The choreography of images, sound, and motion allowed for so many possibilities to tell a story.
3. What is your best-selling item?
My Alone in the City Series Prints. They are inspired by the time in my life I lived in London. The experiences I had while living and working there make up a huge part of who I am. I think these pieces really connect to that.
4. What do you do aside from selling on Etsy?
I don't do much outside of Etsy at the moment. I pick up a few side projects here and there but I’ve been lucky to of had some great opportunities selling on and off of Etsy.
5. If you suddenly came into a million tax-free dollars, what would you do with it?
I know I should say 'Give it to charity' but... I'd love a house on the beach?! Who doesn't right?
6. What's the inspiration behind your work?
A lot of my inspiration comes from my travels and from my studies. I studied Sociology, Art and Film Studies in college (I couldn't’t make up my mind) and always was interested in different cultures.
7. Please share three random facts about yourself.
Here we go:
1) I spent almost 15 years of my life playing Volleyball. I actually know Misty May really well and competed against her a lot growing up. Our high schools competed against each other in the California State Volleyball Championships. (she won of course).
2) My college mascot was an Anteater. Zot Zot Zot! (that’s the sound and Anteater makes apparently)
3) My business name comes from Bob Marley’s middle name. Only close friends and family know this… Shhhhhh!
This blog will be featured tomorrow :)
I hope all is well! I'll leave you with one of my new photos from NestaUsa.